- This section shows charges that you’ll pay at the counter because of where you're picking your car up, who's driving, and where you go during your rental.
- This section doesn’t show other over-the-counter costs, such as charges for fuel, child seats or additional services. You’ll find details of other charges in other sections of these terms and conditions.
- You are responsible for any charges and fines, including tolls, congestion charges, speeding tickets and parking or traffic fines.
- After your rental
- If you’ve incurred any charges, such as speeding tickets or unpaid congestion charges, the car hire company will try to contact you when the authorities ask them who was driving. This could be months after your rental – and you’ll have to pay the company’s administration fee as well as the original charge.
- Please note: to help you compare different deals, we’ve standardised the names of these charges. The names that your car hire company uses might be slightly different.
When you pick your car up, you will pay a fee for any drivers below a certain age – or above a certain age:
- A Young Driver Fee will apply for each driver between the ages of 21 and 24 inclusive - 7,95 € per day, including tax, up to a maximum of 96,00 € per rental.
If any of the following apply, the counter staff will charge you extra when you pick your car up – or when you drop it off:
- When you pick your car up, the counter staff will charge you for the hire of a transponder, a device that lets you pass through tollgates. On top of this, you will have to pay the actual cost of the tolls. You can pay for tolls in Post Offices, Pay Shops or motorway service stations – or when you drop your car off.
- If this applies to you, the cost is 1,50 € per day up to a maximum of 15,00 € per rental – excluding tax.
- The car hire company will charge you if the car needs more than a reasonable amount of cleaning after your rental.
- Unfortunately, the car hire company won't tell us how much this charge is. The counter staff will confirm whether this charge applies to you.