If you purchase the Premium Protection waiver product before you pick the car up, your CDW & Theft Coverage excess liability will be waived. You will not be required to leave a deposit at the pick-up location.
In addition to the above, your liability will also be waived for:
The Premium Protection waiver product will not waive liability in respect of:
- charges for damage to the rental car’s exterior or mechanical components, including:
- bodywork, roof, undercarriage
- windscreen, windows, mirrors
- wheels, tyres, hubcaps
- engine, clutch, battery
- ‘immobilisation’ charges (for loss of revenue while the car is being repaired and cannot be rented out)
- roadside assistance charges resulting from a breakdown or accident
- charges directly related to locking yourself out of the rental car or losing its key(s)
- car hire company administration fees related to any of these points.
All drivers must abide by the terms of the rental agreement: The Premium Protection waiver product will not waive liability in respect of any cost incurred under circumstances which violate those terms, such as dangerous, careless or negligent driving, refuelling errors, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- unauthorized use of the vehicle,
- cleaning charges
- damage to / loss of child seats, GPS devices or other “extra” equipment
- loss of the vehicle documents